Tuesday 23 June 2009


Genre: Gothic Metal
Bit Rate: 320

I have not heard of Trail Of Tear's previous work before, so I cannot make any comparisons with their older material, but I can say I was really surprised when I first listened to the album. I was expecting plenty of mid-paced music with orchestrations, some grunts or low growls mixed with really high floaty female vocals. Instead, I was almost blown away with dark crunchy riffs and pretty fast paced Gothic Metal. The agressive growls are there, but the female vocals are varied between rock and operatic, so they come out really powerful and dare I say, bombastic, which is a nice change from the usual female fronted Gothic acts. I mentioned the music being fairly quick, but the album has it's slower moments too, which makes this album not linear.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

blogger templates | Make Money Online